It’s a Sunday afternoon – well, OK, it was 11:20 a.m., but close enough. And after a morning of adulting – treadmills, spray painting a mailbox (don’t worry, it was mine), and talking to a roof guy – I needed a fucking drink. Adulting can cause that, you know.
Hornitos to the rescue. Hornitos is one of my favorite tequilas, especially when it comes to cocktailing. I haven’t found an ingredient with which it doesn’t agree, including pomegranate juice. And a squeeze of lime.
Obviously the tequila-y deliciousness didn’t last long. Here’s the recipe:
· 1.5 ounces of Hornitos Plata or your favorite clear (aka claro or silver) tequila – we won’t judge you for using cheap stuff if that’s all you have
· 3 ounces pomegranate juice (I used 100% organic but you can also use a juice cocktail – a pom/cran mix is heavenly, as well)
· Juice of one lime
· Cocktail glass
· Paring knife
· Jigger or shot glass
· Glass charms – because why not dress up your cocktail glass?
· A cocktail shaker – I got fancy and channeled my inner James Bond (AMC was running a marathon today) but if you want to stir the ingredients together, by all means do it. The important part is to get to sipping.
· Vegetable peeler – for fancy garnishing techniques